Summer Bucket List
I have been searching frantically for the blog post that inspired my post today. If you are reading this and you recently wrote a post about a summer bucket list, please announce yourself so I can link it and give you proper credit!
I’ve decided it is a good idea to create a summer bucket list so without a whole lot of jibber jabber, let’s just get to it.
Visit my apartment complex pool at least twice. I hardly ever take advantage and it’s a shame. Now if only they’d give me my passes. (Changed my mind. See this post.)
2. Go to the beach more. Be it a local beach or someplace else, I need a few more trips in the sand and surf.
Read at least two books. I’ve got a long list of things I’m itching to read. Bossypants and Hunger Games! I’m going to read two more now.
4. Have a water fight. This is old school, but I think it is necessary to have some sort of water fight from time to time no matter how old you are.
5. Spend more time on my balcony. Although it faces a parking lot, the one time I went out in the evening to read, it was actually pleasant.
6. Hula hoop. I see people doing it more at outdoor festivals and concerts and it just looks like loads of fun. So simple.
7. Visit Luray Caverns. It’s a short trip to some very cool massive caverns in the Shenadoah valley.
Go to an outdoor concert. They are so much fun. I can dress like I’m going to Coachella or something. Chrisette Michele, Eric Benet and Ledisi at Pier Six!
9. Ride a bicycle. I already did this, but it was so much fun, I’m going to have to do it again.
10. Turn off the t.v. and just play music. It’s really soothing and relaxing.
11. Eat a funnel cake (already did this, but it’s a great summer thing to do).
12. Make my own lemonade and sweet tea.
Eat something from a charcoal grill (Been there done that. It’s so awesome).
14. Take walks.
Storyboard, plan and shoot the photo shoot for the t-shirt brand… ooh it’s going to be hot!
16. Work toward finishing my novel.
17. Visit places I’ve never been whether near or far (thankfully, I’ve done that already. Don’t want to stop).
18. Check out my favorite museums and find new ones.
* In other news, I had a wonderful time on my date! We shut down the restaurant. That’s really good. No awkward pauses, laughter, the exchange of relationship and dating disaster stories. It was good. Nice long hug but no good night kiss. Just not ready. Got to work up to this sort of thing. But it was just in the right speed for the first date.