A Versatile Blogger? Who Me?
Thanks to faithful reader and fabulous blogger in her own right, the usual bliss, I’ve been shown the love of the Versatile Blogger award. Very, very cool! I thank you so much!
I really appreciate it when other bloggers show me love. I’m just happy folks read the posts, or like them, and I’m ecstatic when folks comment, so to even be acknowledged in such a way, it really makes me feel great!
And here are the rules:
- Thank the person who gave you this award. That’s common courtesy.
- Include a link to their blog. That’s also common courtesy — if you can figure out how to do it.
- Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly. ( I would add, pick blogs or bloggers that are excellent!)
- Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award.
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
Now for the bloggers who I’ve recently discovered or follow regularly. I’ve been adding a lot of bloggers to the bloggers I follow, so I’m happy to share.
blends poetry with musings on life in such a beautiful way. She also has gorgeous eyes!
The Thread Effect
is so much fun. It’s style, it’s clothes, it’s food. Three things I truly enjoy.
I just got into this blog recently. She was freshly pressed and I dug her style and decided to hang out for a while. Her homepage photo makes me want to get a Stepford Wife outfit and make mint juleps for people. As a Long Island girl, I also appreciated her photo homage to the very end of the island, Montauk.
is another new blog I’ve stumbled onto, I also think by way of Freshly Pressed. I like the infusions of positivity in the posts. This blogger likes to suggest books and use great quotes from people we should be paying attention to.
I’m going to stop at 6 because I’m really tired and I still have to share 7 things about myself. The Usual Bliss is such a great supporter of my blog, she probably knows way too much about me anyway… I’m going to have to dig deep.
1. Well, you’ll be the first to know that tonight I joined howaboutwe.com. I joined an online dating site. Oh boy. I’m sure more entertaining posts will come from this decision.
2. I used to have a terrible habit of eating ice. I thought I’d never be able to stop and some how I did. It was sooo soothing for whatever reason. I don’t know if I changed my diet causing the cravings to cease or I now have balanced iron levels.
3. I am now obsessed with Fela Kuti since seeing the musical Fela! last night. It was just amazing.
4. I’ve been wearing my hair curly this week and I really like it. This is going to be my summer do.
5. As staunchly against polyamorous relationships as I am, I think back in the day Fela Kuti probably could have convinced me to be one of his many wives. The play made those women seem so glamorous and gorgeous. The first scene I told my friend, I want to be them…
6. One of my missions in life is to have a business so I can give at least one person a job. I feel like being able to employ a person and give them an opportunity is real power.
7. I believe in vision boards.